[Pm-utils] pm-suspend working only after resuming from pm-hiberante

Leonardo Canducci leonardocanducci at yahoo.it
Tue Oct 7 12:47:39 PDT 2008

--- Mar 7/10/08, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Da: Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com>
> Oggetto: Re: [Pm-utils] pm-suspend working only after resuming from pm-hiberante
> A: leonardocanducci at yahoo.it
> Cc: pm-utils at lists.freedesktop.org
> Data: Martedì 7 ottobre 2008, 18:57
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 1:47 AM, Leonardo Canducci
> <leonardocanducci at yahoo.it> wrote:
>
> > So why does pm-suspend works every time after an
> hibernate/thaw cycle and doesn't on a normal boot?
> That's wierd!
>
> So, you're saying that:
>
> 1. Suspend to ram after a regular boot fails to restore
> video
>
> 2. Suspend to ram after a thaw from hibernate restores
> video correctly
That's it. Sorry if I was not clear enough.
In case 1. system freezes and I have to shutdown via power button. In case 2. I can use s2ram without problems. I can't really figure out the reason of this different behaviour.

Regards,
Leonardo

      Scopri il blog di Yahoo! Mail:
Trucchi, novità e la tua opinione.