[Pm-utils] RFC - PATCH to functions.in to support Slackware init

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 10:00:23 PDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Stefan Seyfried <seife at suse.de> wrote:
> Victor Lowther wrote:
>> On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 18:45 -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:
>>> It would be nice if we exported the sleep.d directory directly in the
>>> pm-utils.pc file instead of always assuming that it's at
>>> $pm_libdir/sleep.d.
>>
>> That can be arranged. :)
>
> Might be a dumb question, but still:
> Why would anyone want it not to be there? I mean it just gets more complicated
> to document etc.

I'm saying that they do always want it in /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d.
All I was getting at is that an external package shouldn't have to
guess where that directory is. They should just ask:
pmsleepdir=`pkg-config --variable=sleepdir pm-utils` or whatever the
variables are named. Chances are low that this would be screwed up in
a 3rd party package, but why not provide a foolproof way when we have
a system (pkg-config) that perfectly encapsulates this information?

--
Dan