[Pm-utils] RFC - PATCH to functions.in to support Slackware init

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 10:11:53 PDT 2008

2008/10/30 Victor Lowther <victor.lowther at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 23:15 -0500, Robby Workman wrote:
>> On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 16:44:39 -0500
>> Victor Lowther <victor.lowther at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Well, Part of the idea is that upstream pm-utils would not do
>> > anything in the distro.d directory - it would be there for the
>> > distros to use or ignore as they choose. I don't want to be in the
>> > business of maintaining every distro-specific method for doing
>> > something out there
>> > - I just want to provide sane defaults and make it easy for distro
>> > maintainers to customize things. Giving y'all a designated place and
>> > a method to do so is part of that goal.

FWIW, I think distro specific changes can be easily managed with patches.
Imo the only relevant function in functions.in which would need distro
customization is (stop,restart)service.
Everything else is generic.

Adding a whole infrastructure (which can be misused) to support distro
overrides seems like overkill to me.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?