[Pm-utils] Problems with 98smart-kernel-video and intel graphics chipsets

Victor Lowther victor.lowther at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 11:28:03 PDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-09-27 at 14:45 +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 08:40:48AM -0500, Victor Lowther wrote:
>
> > Good question, and unless I hear that it is a kernel bug I will release
> > 1.1.2.5 and 1.2.1 with a 98-smart-kernel-video that does not filter out
> > all the vbe* quirks for Intel hardware.
>
> Note that doing so will break some other machines.

Only those for whom the quirks are incorrect to begin with, and it is
apparent by the bug reports we have been getting the i915 changes in
2.6.26 did not by any stretch make the Intel DRM drivers quirk-free.

1.2.1 will also have fdi file generation capabilities, so getting the
right quirks added will be much easier.

--
Victor Lowther
Ubuntu Certified Professional