[Pm-utils] Resume Backlight Problems

Lane Brooks lane at brooks.nu
Thu Jul 2 22:44:13 PDT 2009

In July 2007 I had problems with the backlight on my Panasonic Toughbook
resuming correctly after I moved from FC6 to FC7.  I upgraded to the
kernel and pm-utils in the testing repo and submitted the patch with the
appropriate quirks and suspend/resume were working fine.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pm-utils/2007-July/000611.html

I just made the jump from F8 to F11 on this laptop and resume is once
again not turning the backlight on, even if I suspend with the vbe-post
option manually.

My initial guess is the problem is related to kernel mode setting.
Kernel mode setting does not work correctly on my laptop, so I have to
disable it with the nomodeset kernel option.  Is there some interaction
pm-suspend and kernel mode setting that could be causing my problem?

Lane