[Pm-utils] pm-suspend

Victor Lowther victor.lowther at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 03:08:18 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 21:32 +0000, Juan B M Canham wrote:
> hibernate-ram is working fine
> s2ram with the following options works fine: "-f --vbe_save --pci_save
> --acpi_sleep 3"
>
> /etc/pm/config.d/defaults has the following lines uncommented
> SLEEP_MODULE="uswsusp"
> ADD_PARAMETERS="-f --vbe_save --pci_save --acpi_sleep 3"
> S2RAM_OPTS="-f --vbe_save --pci_save --acpi_sleep 3"
>
> but when i call sudo pm-suspend, on resume my screen is all messed up
> (fixable by sudo hibernate => resume (but not sudo pm-hibernate))
>
> how can i
> 1) fix it!
> 2) make pm-suspend just call hibernate-ram*

1: What distro are you using, and what version of pm-utils are you
running? Those parameters you are adding in ADD_PARAMETERS are s2ram
parameters, not pm-suspend parameters.  Run pm-suspend --help to see the
parameters that pm-suspend understands.  The mainstream pm-suspend
totally ignores S2RAM_OPTS and builds the s2ram option list based on the
parameters passed to pm-suspend by HAL.

It shoulds like you are either running a really old version of pm-utils,
or running on SuSE (which forked their own private version of pm-utils
over a year ago)

2: We do when using the uswsusp sleep module. We just don't call it in
the way you are expecting.

> thx.

Victor Lowther
RHCE# 805008539634727