[Pm-utils] Improve 98smart-kernel-video

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 09:36:13 PST 2009

2009/11/12 Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org>:
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 08:37:50AM +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:
>
>> remove have_smart_intel
>
> What's the reason for this? intel is capable of restoring state even if
> it's not using modesetting - running quirks on top of the state
> restoration is likely to break things.

Hm, my bad then.
I have to say that I tested to boot a system with i915.modesetting=0
and afaicr there was no
/sys/module/i915 directory then, so have_smart_intel wouldn't trigger
anyway, what gives?

Maybe my memory doesn't serve me well but I thought have_smart_intel
was written in the early days of the KMS support for intel when there
was no inteface like /proc/fb yet, which could be used to check for
KMS.

Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?