[Pm-utils] Improve 98smart-kernel-video

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Thu Nov 12 13:20:19 PST 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 10:13:43PM +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:

>   # currently, intel kernel modesetting is not quite smart enough
>   # we still need acpi s3 kernel modesetting hooks, so don't remove those
>   # options if they were passed.

This was fixed a couple of weeks ago, but probably isn't widespread
enough to remove that option yet. These options get run before the
kernel touches the card, so there's no harm (other than resume taking
slightly longer) in running them.

> @Victor, if Matthew is ok with the above patch, could you please apply
> it and spin a 1.2.6.1 release, please.

Thanks, and sorry for not noticing this sooner - I should really have
caught it before release.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org