[Pm-utils] S3 on Fedora & Ubuntu

mwesten mwesten at verizon.net
Tue Apr 27 16:23:16 PDT 2010

> Hi,
>
> did you try from commadnline - pm-hibernate of pm-sleep? What exactly
> happens?
>
> Richard

I have now.  I didn't know to do that before, but I found a debian bug
report where the submitter described how he used pm-suspend from the command
line to initiate suspend, turn on PM_DEBUG and add/remove quirks.  The
result was the same.  Karmic works fine, F12 hangs on resume.  Basically, I
press the power button to resume and the fan comes back on but the machine
is dead.

I've also figured out that both are using the same quirks (6 of them, in
pm-suspend.log), Karmic uses the nv driver, and F12 uses nouveau.  I also
tried the Lucid RC live-cd and that hangs too.  Lucid is using nouveau for
Nvidia cards now, so it seems like the driver is the link, not anything
pm-utils is doing.

-Mike