[Pm-utils] pm-suspend doesn't work with current git-kernel

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 06:10:33 PDT 2010

2010/7/28 Toralf Förster <toralf.foerster at gmx.de>:

> Dan Nicholson wrote at 19:01:56
>
>> Well, it's not a pm-utils bug, but rather a kernel (graphics) bug. The
>> pm-suspend script is really just a wrapper around 'echo mem >
>> /sys/power/state', so most of the problems are really in the kernel.
>>
>> Looking at the kernel bug it seems that one of the intel developers is
>> helping you out with that.
>
> Yes,
> the initial bug with the graphic system was solved in the meanwhile.
>
> However I tested the current git kernel v2.6.35-rc6-156-gfc0f5ac with a stable
> Gentoo (nonetwork, only minimal system services started) and could s2ram it
> many times in a row using the echo command.
> But as sson as I used pm-suspend then after the 3rd or 4th attempt s2ram hangs
> with the blinking moon led. The command I used were
> $>sudo -c "export PM_DEBUG="true; pm-suspend"
> and
> $>"sudo su -c "echo mem > /sys/power/state"
> respectively.
>
> But there's nothing in the log :
>
> tfoerste at n22 ~/devel/linux-2.6 $ tail /var/log/pm-suspend.log
> + is_set true
> + case ${1-UNSET} in
> + return 0
> + local 'fmt=%s\n'
> + '[' 'Wed Jul 28 22:30:30 CEST 2010: performing suspend' = -n ']'
> + printf '%s\n' 'Wed Jul 28 22:30:30 CEST 2010: performing suspend'
> Wed Jul 28 22:30:30 CEST 2010: performing suspend
> + sync
> + do_suspend
> + echo -n mem
>

> :-(

Well, I suppose it could be the pm-suspend video hook that's causing
the problems, although most of the action should be skipped if you've
got intel graphics using kernel modesetting. You can try to blacklist
the whole hook. Something like:

echo 'HOOK_BLACKLIST=99video' > /etc/pm/config.d/no-video

--
Dan