[Pm-utils] removing modules in use before suspend

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Apr 19 04:38:47 PDT 2012

I'm assuming that if as root I cannot remove modules with "rmmod" due to
them being "in use" then pm-suspend won't be able to remove them either,
yes?

How does one resolve the issue of needing to remove modules so that a
suspend doesn't hang but those modules cannot be removed due to them
being "in use" by an application?

Also, as a slightly related question, is pm-utils smart enough to follow
a dependency chain and remove any modules that might be keeping a module
we actually want removed?  So for example if to remove module A I need
to first remove module B, can I just tell pm-utils that I want module A
removed and it will figure out that module B needs removing or do I need
to tell pm-utils to remove "B A"?

Cheers,
b.