[Pm-utils] Resuming from suspend with binary Nvidia driver

Weedy weedy2887 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 04:37:35 PST 2015

Somewhere in last months update marathon resuming broke.
I'm not sure it was 3.17.x -> 3.18.x or nvidia-drivers-340.65 to
nvidia-drivers-340.76, but now I get stuck at a black screen like half
the time I resume.

Dell M6300
NVIDIA Corporation G92GLM [Quadro FX 3600M] (about a 8800M, G92 architecture)

I've found some forum posts about NVAGP in xorg.conf and
HOOK_BLACKLIST or ADD_PARAMETERS in pm/config.d.
Is any of this still relevant in todays ecosystem? How should I go
about debugging exactly what quirk or option I need when I have a
black screen and a locked up system?
I've downgraded back to nvidia-drivers-340.65. Resume is still broken
but it's 1 in 10 no 4-5 in 10 resumes.

Thank you for your time.