implementing an OLPC authentication agent

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Wed Jul 2 17:48:17 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 15:07 -0400, Daniel Drake wrote:
> The first option is to just modify the policies that are installed by
> HAL, or modify the PolicyKit conf file to override the policies. But
> those files are owned by packages so (I think) we would have to create
> an OLPC-3 branch of those packages just to install the alternative
> config file.

What about just using polkit-action to override the defaults? E.g.

 # polkit-action --set-defaults-active \
     org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.stop-multiple-users \
     yes

You could do this in %post or similar of your installer. See

 http://hal.freedesktop.org/docs/PolicyKit/polkit-action.1.html

for details.

HTH,
David