Give Authorizations via yes/no dialog

- - gnomeuser8 at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 20 06:24:13 PDT 2008

From: gnomeuser8 at googlemail.com
Date: 2008/7/19
Subject: Give Authorizations via yes/no dialog
To: polkit-devel at lists.freedesktop.org

Currently I can choose pam authentication (with my password) or pam
authentication as admin (with admin password). I would like to
authenticate with simply clicking on yes or no to give the application
the authorization.

You already grab the pointer, I think, so only I can do this and not
any malware. This also does increase security: Malware could simulate
a policykit authorization dialog for an easy thing (access to
USB-Stick), you enter your password and then it can use sudo to get
root rights. When it simulate an yes/no dialog the malware can't do
anything with your answer. ;)

The authorization should be kept indefinitely for the local active
session and the same application. You already said you trust this
application, why you shouldn't say the same next day?