another todo item

David Zeuthen zeuthen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 07:39:52 PST 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 10:49 PM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias.clasen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Low-hanging fruit...

That's not exactly the rate-limiting we need and, FWIW, GFileMonitor
already defaults to a rate-limit of 0.8 seconds, see
GFileMonitor:rate-limit.

The rate limiting we want needs to be more high-level. E.g. the crux
of the problem is that GFileMonitor happily sends a storm of events of
type "file has been CREATED, DELETED or CHANGED". We need to act on
each of these events and rate-limit the emission of
PolkitBackendActionPool::changed to something more reasonable like
every 0.5s or so.

It's also not wildly important to fix this and this commit

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/PolicyKit/commit/?id=50e46f80aea70a3bd8cfa21917888c9a0a4f1ae2

fixes most of the problems already.

     David