Admin permissions

Vladimir vlabla at tiscali.cz
Sat Oct 31 10:23:41 PDT 2009

Frankly said, I feel this proposal is a bit like "from one extreme to
the opposite one".

1) I am happy and probably many other users are that in general the
policy enforces some limits. This also protects our systems from
inadvertent changes done by ourselves. => Good to keep it.

2) But for a few settings / activities its very helpful to allow
permanent exclusions (until revoked by a user) from enforcement. =>
Desirable addition.

Destroying the first to get the second - > well, why do I need some
policy kit at all then? Perhaps this can be a workaround till the second
mechanism is implemented? Was that the background of your proposal?