Lock Down

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Mon Sep 14 12:46:07 PDT 2009

On Sat Sep 12 22:20:01 +0100 2009 David Zeuthen wrote:
> this patch or if it's compatible with how PackageKit works. And maybe if
> Richard wants to do the UI in a different way (say, a checkbox in a
> preference dialog) he can do just that by invoking pklalockdown(1)
> himself.

It seems to me that this part is a little odd.

What happens if this is used on a system that uses a different backend?
You will have something in the UI that pokes at a backend not in use,
so you will get something that doesn't do what it says. If you want
to encourage other apps to make use of this then isn't it something
that should be abstracted such that they don't call something
backend-specific?

Thanks,

James