Disable something for everyone, except a group...

Thomas NOEL tom.noel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 11:18:14 PDT 2010

Hello,

I haven't found anywhere else to ask this question... so, here it is.

I want to disable the org.freedesktop.upower.hibernate action for all my
users, except for a "hibersus" group.

I try this pkla :

[Disable hibernate/suspend for all users]
Identity=unix-user:*
Action=org.freedesktop.upower.suspend;org.freedesktop.upower.hibernate
ResultActive=no
ResultInactive=no
ResultAny=no

[Ensable hibernate/suspend for the group hibersus]
Identity=unix-group:hibersus
Action=org.freedesktop.upower.suspend;org.freedesktop.upower.hibernate
ResultActive=yes
ResultInactive=no
ResultAny=no

I found this file simple and logical... but it doesn't work, users in the
hibersus group cannot hibernate. Reading "man pklocalauthority" I think the
cause is the algorithm: unix-user:* takes precedence...

So, this is not really a question for polkit-dev
(unless it is still time to change the algo, yes I know, I'm dreaming) :
how can I disable an action for everyone (user:*) except a group ?

Thanks,
--
Thomas NOEL <tom.noel at gmail.com>