<defaults> in policy declarations

Chris Masone cmasone at chromium.org
Wed Jan 20 11:27:28 PST 2010

Hi, folks.  I've written some custom DBus services, and I'd like to use
PolicyKit to control who's allowed to send messages to them.  I see that
there's this notion of default behavior for "any", "active" sessions and
"inactive" sessions, but I have a few questions about the semantics here:

1) What constitutes an "active" session?  "inactive"?

2) what do the following acceptable values mean?
auth_self_one_shot
auth_self
auth_self_keep_session
auth_self_keep_always

auth_admin_one_shot
auth_admin
auth_admin_keep_session
auth_admin_keep_always

I looked at the reference manual online, and no explanation was really
provided.  Where can I go to figure these things out?

Thanks!

Chris Masone