My system doesn't allow me do anything

Zhu, Peter J peter.j.zhu at intel.com
Thu Jan 28 20:49:06 PST 2010

My system doesn't allow me do anything. As I inserted a usb disk, it says "Not Authorized'; As I tried to install updates from gpk-update-viewer, it says " ". BTW, as I try to "reboot" in Terminal of desktop, it said "Only root user can do this".

I tried pkcheck with gpk-update-viewer with package installation action, it reports "polkit.retains_authorization_after_challenge=1"; devkit-disk -mount reports same "Not Authrozied", but if I "sudo devkit-disk -mount", it's successful. Note, I have defaults for both action of org.freedesktop.devicekit.disks.filesystem-mount and org.freedesktop.packagekit.package-install being yes.

It's really weird. Any help? If need more info, please let me know

Thanks,
Peter