My system doesn't allow me do anything

Zhu, Peter J peter.j.zhu at intel.com
Fri Jan 29 08:48:38 PST 2010

Thanks David.

I can't run this agent successfully with following info:
    (polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1:962): polkit-gnome-1-WARNING **: Unable to determine the session we are in : Remote Exception invoking org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.GetSessionForUnixProcess() on /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Manager at name org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit: org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.GeneralError:unable to lookup session information for process 962.

I have a question, from the man page of polkit, do we need agent running to determine authorization? I'm running moblin with a very special way to startup desktop

I just run polkitd in root bash and as I inserted a usb disk, it has following info:

[root at localhost ~]# /usr/libexec/polkit-1/polkitd
Registering null backend at priority -10
Using authority class PolkitBackendLocalAuthority

** (process:933): DEBUG: system-bus-name::1.17 is inquiring whether system-bus-name::1.15 is authorized for org.freedesktop.devicekit.disks.filesystem-mount
** (process:933): DEBUG:  user of caller is unix-user:root
** (process:933): DEBUG:  user of subject is unix-user:peter
** (process:933): DEBUG: checking whether system-bus-name::1.15 is authorized for org.freedesktop.devicekit.disks.filesystem-mount
** (process:933): DEBUG:   (nil)
** (process:933): DEBUG:  not authorized
** (process:933): DEBUG: