My system doesn't allow me do anything

Zhu, Peter J peter.j.zhu at intel.com
Sun Jan 31 19:49:59 PST 2010

No, it doesn't return anything. But if I kill window manager, respawned desktop has everything setup correctly and all issues are gone.

As it tries to launch a CK session in normal bootup with below:
   if (!ck_connector_open_session_with_parameters(connector, &error,
                                                       "unix-user", &pass->pw_uid,
                                                       "display-device", &d,
                                                       "x11-display-device", &d,
                                                       "x11-display", &n,
                                                       NULL))

It would return Error: Unable to open session with ConsoleKit: org.freedesktop.CkConnector.Error: Unable to open session: Launch helper exited with unknown return code 0

But in respawned desktop, this call works fine

Thanks,
Peter