No subject

oneforall immortal oneforall59 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 30 05:46:11 PDT 2010

HI.

I know that there is a patch that was made to work around Pam. But I had noticed
compiling Polkit-1 git  20385ae before applying it. That when you use --with-authfw=shadow
it says  PAM support:  no  , yet as far as I have know since it tries in the helper
section to build its looking for Pam this would be a bug needing fixed. Plus I'd prefer not
to have Consolekit at all since things don't work completely and it really still is geared
to need pam. I'd love this to be with the full authentication of choice "shadow" Old school
or not as people claim so is the one that you people like. But they are all maintained.
There are platforms that don't want this and users but I'm seeing Linux now has lost the
respect of these platforms and users now. It truly disappointing.. KDE4 went for it because
they know Hal is getting dropped now we have some things we used to have broken and to bad
for us is always the response.
Get modern too, well shadow is still as modern as Pam(Consolekit/Policy). All I hear is
that is just superior attitude.  They are all old and maintained and equal. I had respect
for people that wanted to use them But now its a bit hard to keep that since we don't any
more. But as I've noticed the people that use Pam and its parts are always thinking it
superior "there is really only one kind of authentication and that is PAM" tonight in kde
and "which *everything* uses". I had just said I thought people that used Pam were clueless
and out of surprise I found that to be true. Fact is they thought that every one and every
platform did really use Pam and there is no other authentication. But then since shadow is
being FORCED out then maybe hes right? Anyway I rally am still hoping this gets fixed soon
I want to get rid of Console kit and unfortunately will still be stuck with Polkit-1 .
I just hope it will be fixed to turn it over to shadow like it should. Lets keep the 2
choices please .

(I hope this works now that I registered )