polkit 0.99

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 15:52:10 PDT 2010

2010/9/15 David Zeuthen <zeuthen at gmail.com>:
> Hey,
>
> Here's a new polkit release
>
>  http://hal.freedesktop.org/releases/polkit-0.99.tar.gz

Hi David,

I gave 0.99 a try today. The last version I used was 0.96 (still using eggdbus).

What I noticed, is that in libpolkit-backend and libpolkit-gobject
there were several symbols removed without bumping the SONAME.
For reference I've attached the diff of the Debian symbols files.
Especially libpolkit-gobject concerns me, as (in Debian), we already
have 23 packages linking against it.

Were these changes by accident or did you remove them intentionally
without bumping SONAME?

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?