polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1 dies with polkit-gnome-1-WARNING **: Unable to determine the session we are in: No session for pid

Rob Frohne rob.frohne at wallawalla.edu
Thu Oct 17 15:45:14 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I'm trying to work through a problem that
polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1 dies with the warning:
polkit-gnome-1-WARNING **: Unable to determine the session we are in: No
session for pid (the pid of the polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1
process).  After a restart, when I grep for the agent, it is not there,
so I try to start it manually as shown below, and it immediately exits.
I'm using Ubuntu 13.10 and more details can be seen at the bug report I
made here
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/policykit-desktop-privileges/+bug/1240336>.

frohro at frohro-e6410:~$
/usr/lib/policykit-1-gnome/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1

(polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1:7734): polkit-gnome-1-WARNING **:
Unable to determine the session we are in: No session for pid 7734

Can anyone give me any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rob

--