Polkit on Duktape

Jasper St. Pierre jstpierre at mecheye.net
Thu Aug 13 09:37:38 PDT 2015

Is that really different from standalone releases of mozjs, which have
never been officially supported by Mozilla?

I embedded duktape here, because that's what upstream recommends, and
it isn't that hard to update when that day comes (just drop two new
files in there, similar to pcre in glib), but if distributions really
want a shared library, I suppose we could do that.

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 8:58 AM, Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 12, 2015, at 11:28 PM, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
>
>> For performance reasons related to boot speed on our platform, today I
>> ported polkit to use Duktape.
>
> A notable pain I see here is that in dropping mozjs support, it will effectively
> force a branch, and that will in turn complicate security updates and any future
> development.
>
> This list does seem like the right place to ask downstream distributors
> which they'd prefer.
>
> It's also worth noting that this mirrors a similar discussion in systemd:
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2015-April/030710.html

  Jasper