Polkit on Duktape

Jasper St. Pierre jstpierre at mecheye.net
Sat Aug 15 10:02:33 PDT 2015

So, where did we get with this?

 * JavaScript rules are (somewhat) a failure, but it's not something
we can back out of easily, because doing that could break people who
rely on JS rules, causing a gap where rules aren't being applied. Not
a good situation to be in. Going back to PKLA rules might also mean
that someone who can't express complex ACL logic in those rules means
that they reinvent polkit in their app.

 * Even though mozjs isn't getting new stable standalone releases, the
fact that it's been more "battle-tested" than Duktape means that it's
still a better pick. Even though it's much slower for our use-case and
much more complex than it needs to be.

Is that a good summary?

--
  Jasper