Licensing on early PolicyKit code

Alan Perry alanp at snowmoose.com
Wed Jul 8 12:35:56 PDT 2015

On 7/8/15 12:23 PM, Miloslav Trmač wrote:
> Hello,
>> I am trying to confirm the licensing that applies to some early
>> PolicyKit code and David Zeuthen referred me here.
>>
>> The licensing comment reads:
>>
>> * Licensed under the Academic Free License version 2.1
> Which “some code” is this exactly? The current git repo doesn’t contain the word “Academic” at all, for example.
>      Mirek

That is a good question. It seems to pre-date PolicyKit 0.3, which is
the earliest release that I could find searching the internet. It does
not seem to be all of PolicyKit, just enough to connect HAL to some
OS-specific privilege checking. Obviously, the code is old. Just want to
confirm what license applies to make sure that everything has been
compliant with the license.

alan