Licensing on early PolicyKit code

Alan Perry alanp at snowmoose.com
Thu Jul 9 07:45:24 PDT 2015

On 7/9/15 1:06 AM, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 8 July 2015 at 22:34, Alan Perry <alanp at snowmoose.com> wrote:
>> Not exactly an ideal situation, is it?  As I said, I asked the author and he referred me here.
> David now works for Google, and is probably hugely busy. It might be
> that he's not allowed to work more on this project or comment on
> historical legal or licensing issues, I don't really know. I'm not
> sure what you're trying to achieve, but if you let us know of a
> licensing issue we can help put your mind at rest. At the moment this
> conversation is not terribly helpful.
>
> Richard

You are not sure what I am trying to achieve? Did you not read the
beginning of this thread?

I cited an ambiguously written licensing comment from an early PolicyKit
header file and asked what was the intended licensing for the file. What
am I trying to achieve? To determine what licensing applies to that
particular header file.

What I have determined is that question cannot be answered here.

Thanks for your time.

alan