Polkit on Duktape

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 18:09:56 PDT 2015

> polkit's dependency on mozjs is a royal pain, especially for distributions
> that build on more "niche" platforms where mozjs is only recently gaining
> support for some hardware and operating systems.

Let me add here, that Debian and Ubuntu never made the switch to a
JS-based polkit, i.e. we still use v0.105 in all our current stable
releases and development branches.

The idea of using a turing complete language which makes it impossible
to audit the polkit configuration never struck us as a good idea.
Also seeing the pain which is involved getting polkit updated to newer
mozjs releases, and the fact that mozjs, afaik, is not officially
blessed/security supported by mozilla, didn't really to convince us to
do the switch either.

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?