CISA Warns of Active Exploitation of 'PwnKit' Linux Vulnerability in the Wild

Jan Rybar jrybar at redhat.com
Thu Jun 30 09:22:17 UTC 2022

Hi,

Thanks for the heads-up.

I'm not quite sure what to take from the article. The CVE is already aging
and after all the fame it got in the media, I see it unlikely it's not
patched among linux distros.
The article says it itself:
*"It's not immediately clear how the vulnerability is being weaponized in
the wild, nor is there any information on the identity of the threat actor
that may be exploiting it."*

There's not much else the upstream project can do.
Or any other idea?

Thanks and have a nice day.
Jan Rybar