[Help] Does polkit support pure digital accounts?

范朋程 fanpengcheng at uniontech.com
Thu Sep 8 06:26:14 UTC 2022

Hi polkit's team,

For work reasons, I have a doubt about:
Does polkit support the use of purely digital accounts for authentication?

I checked some information about polkit, but I couldn't find any explanation about whether "1234567" in "unix-user:1234567" is the account name or uid.

In the src/polkit/polkitidentity.c file, I found the following code:

This seems to treat "1234567" in "unix-user:1234567" as uid。

According to the chapter AUTHORIZATION RULES, I wrote the following rule file, but did not regard 1000 as uid.

When I change Identity to `unix-user:uos`,it works fine.

So I think it should be treated as a username here and I made a PR:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/polkit/polkit/-/merge_requests/133

or like this?

But I'm not sure if this can really be modified like this,I need your help very much.