[poppler] Goo diff

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Thu Aug 25 15:09:46 PDT 2005

Brad Hards wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 02:45 am, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>
>>Forget the Agree to commit part, why would i want to commit something that
>>leaves cvs in a incompilable state?
>

> I worked from martink's xpdf-3.01-broken-out/13-xpdf-3.01-goo-allocn.patch,
> and came up with the attached diff, which does compile and appears to work
> (make check passes, and the qt4 test app works normally).

OK, I finally took some time to look into this.  Martin, I think you
work on the big merge looks very promising.

> Martin: this part of the patch doesn't belong to the goo-allocn stuff.

Yeah, I'd agree with that.  Also, the gmallocn function should make
these ad hoc checks redundant, since the integer overflow check is now
in the malloc function:

   if (pagesSize*(int)sizeof(Page *)/sizeof(Page *) != pagesSize ||
       pagesSize*(int)sizeof(Ref)/sizeof(Ref) != pagesSize) {
     error(-1, "Invalid 'pagesSize'");
     ok = gFalse;
     return;
   }

I don't know if 3.01 kills those checks, but lets get rid of them and
commit the gmallocn patch for a start.

cheers,
Kristian