[poppler] A patch to correct CJK font rendering problem for Cairo-output

Hiroyuki Ikezoe poincare at ikezoe.net
Mon Dec 12 17:13:05 PST 2005

Hi,

2005-12-12 (月) の 19:48 +0900 に Ryo Dairiki さんは書きました:
> Hi,
> I'm happy to find that the following patch was included in cvs head
> already.
> As you know this patch makes Splash-output treat no-embedded cjk fonts
> properly.
>
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/poppler/2005-July/000660.html
>
> But it seems like no patch is applied on Cairo-output,
> which has the same problem with Splash-output.
> I've made a small patch to fix Cairo-output as well.

I sent the patch to this mailing-list before, the same as yours.
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/poppler/2005-August/000885.html
I do not know the reason why the patch was not accepted.

> Please understand, this patch is necessary for Japanese.

Not only for Japanese. For Chinese, Korean, and maybe other locale
country.