[poppler] A patch to correct CJK font rendering problem for Cairo-output

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Dec 13 10:29:50 PST 2005

A Dimarts 13 Desembre 2005 11:05, Ryo Dairiki va escriure:
>  Hiroyuki Ikezoe wrote:
> Hi,

Hi, please do not send HTML encoded mail to lists, not all of us like that.

> 2005-12-12 (=E6=9C=88) =E3=81=AE 19:48 +0900 =E3=81=AB Ryo Dairiki =E3=81=
=95=E3=82=93=E3=81=AF=E6=9B=B8=E3=81=8D=E3=81=BE=E3=81=97=E3=81=9F:

> Hi,
> I'm happy to find that the following patch was included in cvs head
> already.
> As you know this patch makes Splash-output treat no-embedded cjk fonts
> properly.
>
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/poppler/2005-July/000660.html
>
> But it seems like no patch is applied on Cairo-output,
> which has the same problem with Splash-output.
> I've made a small patch to fix Cairo-output as well.
>
> I sent the patch to this mailing-list before, the same as yours.
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/poppler/2005-August/000885.html
> I do not know the reason why the patch was not accepted.
>

> Please understand, this patch is necessary for Japanese.
>
> Not only for Japanese. For Chinese, Korean, and maybe other locale
> country.
>

>  Thank you for replying.
>
>  There are somebody who have already notice this problem.
>  That's happy to hear about.
>  I wish they import either of our patches Soon.
>
>  Now, I think we should post a new patch directly into Bugzilla.
>  What do you think?

There is no need to send them to bugzilla, there is more people reading thi=
s=20
than reading bugzilla. I could commit your patches, but CairoOutputDev is o=
ut=20
of my scope of interest so i'll leave it for other people.

Albert