[poppler] [patch] Add ability to extract embedded files.

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Tue Dec 27 02:27:49 PST 2005

On Monday 29 August 2005 02:47 am, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
>         Here are two additional attachments test
> files...A6EmbeddedFiles.pdf was (obviously) created by Acrobat 6 with
> the new Names tree feature.  Shapes+attachments.pdf was created with
> Acro7 (alpha, I think) but uses the new features.
I'm interested in discussing shapes+attachments.pdf if you have a little time.
Sorry it took so long to get back to this....

From my reading of the PDF spec, the description is broken. The object looks
like this:
4 0 obj
<</F(ADEX1.xpdf.pgp)/Type/Filespec/EF<</F 1 0 R>>/Description(encrypted
version of document)>>

However the note in PDF 1.6, section 3.10.3 says that it is supposed to be
Desc (not Description). That Desc also matches Table 3.40.

The code snippet you provided uses Description.

Am I missing something?

Brad