[poppler] poppler/glib: poppler-action.cc, 1.4, 1.5 poppler-action.h, 1.3, 1.4 poppler-document.cc, 1.28, 1.29 poppler-document.h, 1.16, 1.17 poppler-page.cc, 1.40, 1.41 test-poppler-glib.c, 1.14, 1.15 poppler.cc, 1.3, 1.4

Jonathan Blandford jrb at redhat.com
Fri Dec 30 19:06:58 PST 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-31 at 13:19 +1100, Brad Hards wrote:

> Is gtk-doc a hard requirement for the glib bindings? Could we standardise on
> doxygen?
> The reason for asking is that if/when we end up sharing some common headers,
> I'd prefer them to work for both of us, including the documentation.
>
> I am not very familiar with gtk-doc markup, however it does look very similar
> to doxygen, so there isn't likely to be much work to convert over.

gtk-doc is a good fit for the glib bindings as it will work with the
rest of the GTK+ documentation.  We can add cross reference support to
the out-of-library data structures, and it will build well on the
developer.gnome.org.

However, gtk-doc is probably a bad fit generically.  It doesn't support
C++  well (though the bindings are C-like enough that it parses those
fine.)  It's actually going to be a bit of a pain to get this building
optionally, which is one of the reasons I haven't committed my whole
patch yet.

Which headers did you think we'd share?  I assumed that there wouldn't
be any, which is why I started adding this.

Thanks,
-Jonathan