[poppler] poppler-document.cc:123: error: 'struct _PopplerDocument' has no member named ' output_dev'

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Sat Jul 9 04:08:51 EST 2005

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, [ISO-8859-1] Kristian Høgsberg wrote:

>> Where is cairo support documented? Where is Splash support documented? What
>> are they for and when are they needed? I disabled both since I didn't think
>> I needed them.
>
> Cairo and splash are the two rendering backends poppler can use.  You have to
> pick one of them.

Can you please document this? I know what cairo is, but don't know splash.
Maybe your README and website can mention in a sentence or two to help
choose.

I am packaging up evince for pkgsrc. I had already packaged poppler-0.1.1
a while ago. At that time, it built fine without splash and cairo.
Although I never tested.

Can you document what dependencies this needs? I see it needs glib2,
fontconfig, jpeg (optional), and gtk+2.

Also, maybe the configure can check for existence of needed headers or
libraries before it fails during real build. (For example, my build failed
after awhile due to missing gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf.h.)

Thanks for your PDF rendering library.

I just tried evince and it works great!

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links