[poppler] poppler without X and gtk possible?

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Wed Mar 9 10:09:53 PST 2005

Holger Freyther wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to use poppler on a Embedded Linux device without X, fontconfig
> and Gtk. Is it possible to use poppler for that purpose?
>
> A try with ./configure --without-x --disable-cairo-output --without-gtk
> results in a broken Makefile.

This is basically how it works now.  If you configure with

   ./configure --disable-cairo-output --disable-gtk-test

and build it, you get a library with basically no dependencies.  You'll
wan't to use the SplashOutputDev to render to a splash bitmap for now,
but I'm expecting the cairo backend to be a better alternative, even for
embedded devices.

cheers,
Kristian