Font handling Was: [poppler] Kpdf patches status

Jeff Muizelaar jeff at infidigm.net
Mon May 2 17:34:03 PDT 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 12:22:18AM +0200, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> I don't agree, the font name is VERY important in some cases like wingdings
> where the font has a "wrong" encoding (i.e it has ? in place of ?), if you
> don't try to find the exact font called winddings the pdf will not render
> correctly.

Well the pdf should really be setting /FontFamily to Wingdings in the
font descriptor. However, this is not always done and so sometimes we
have to guess the family based on the name, but this should be used
second to the information in the font descriptor.

There is FC_FULLNAME, I am not sure what it all matches against though...

-Jeff