[poppler] Image optimization

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Sat May 21 14:50:17 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 14:14 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:
> On Thu, 19 May 2005 23:02:35 +0200, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > A Dijous 19 Maig 2005 22:49, vàreu escriure:
> > >
> > > I think it might be better to leave the splash outputdev as is, only
> > > changing it is as necessary. This lets us keep a stable reference and
> > > encourages people to fix/use the cairo backend.
>
> I'm a little confused. If the fix is not related to cairo, yet the fix
> helps only the cairo backend, then that suggests there is an
> abstraction problem somewhere in poppler, (eg. two copies of the same
> code where there should be one).

The patch introduces a new function to the color space conversion code
to allow us to convert an entire line of pixels at a time and avoid
floating point arithmetic in the process.  That part of the patch
touches generic poppler code and could benefit both the cairo and the
splash backend.

The part of the patch that is specific to cairo changes the way we
construct a cairo image surface from a PDF image stream.  We now use the
line based color conversion function to convert the pixels as we prepare
the arguments to cairo_image_surface_create_from_data().

cheers,
Kristian