[poppler] Image optimization

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Sun May 22 12:22:44 PDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-22 at 12:02 +1000, Brad Hards wrote:
> On Sun, 22 May 2005 08:44 am, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
> > >
> > > When Qt4 is stable, it would be fantastic to have an Arthur backend.
> >
> > That would indeed be a welcome contribution.  It might even make sense
> > to start this work now while Arthur is still in development.  Cairo
> > certainly isn't finished yet, and hopefully our experiences with the
> > poppler can provide feedback to cairo development making cairo 1.0
> > better.
> OK, where do I start :-)
>
> I guess I need to inherit from OutputDev? Is there any documentation for that
> class?

Yeah, that's the idea.  There's not really a lot of documentation but
between CairoOutputDev and SplashOutputDev it should be possible to
figure out what's going on.

> Would it make more sense to move each output device implementation to a
> separate directory?

Not sure about that... the OutputDev subclasses are basically just glue
code between the rendering library and the rest of the xpdf code.  The
reason there's a splash directory is that it's the implementation of the
splash renderer; cairo and Arthur are external libraries so we shouldn't
need a separate directory for them.

cheers,
Kristian