[poppler] QT4 Interface

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Sat Nov 26 15:29:06 PST 2005

On Sunday 27 November 2005 03:32 am, Stefan Kebekus wrote:
> On Saturday 26 November 2005 13:34, you wrote:
> > [your patches are] Conceptually OK, but please provide this as a unified
> > diff. (-Naur)
>
> I'll do that. As far as I see, Albert has already comitted the patch, so I
> use "-Naur" next time. What is this good for?
It shows code around the code you are changing. Often I can tell what is being
changed without needing to apply the change first.

> > Also, can you fix the API documentation, examples and unit tests?
>
> I will certainly document the methods that I introduce, and I will see what
> I can do about examples. It is, however, not quite clear to me what a "unit
> test" actually is.
There are some little examples that do checks of various functions (do "make
check" to see this). It is important that these get changed (or new ones
added) to match the new code. That way, if there is a problem, we can pick it
before release.
They use the QTestLib framework (part of Qt), but I think the ones in there
are really out of date (from an earlier stand-alone release of QTestLib). You
can find out more at:
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/writingunittests/writingunittests.html
I'll fix them up this morning.

> Right now, I am trying to get the QT4 interface running --up to now, most
> methods crash when I try to use them. Are you aware if anyone is working on
> this?
I don't know of problems except for the unit tests. I'll take a look though.

Brad