[poppler] QT4 Interface / PATCH

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Nov 28 14:49:34 PST 2005

A Dilluns 28 Novembre 2005 20:43, Stefan Kebekus va escriure:
> On Sunday 27 November 2005 02:34, Brad Hards wrote:
> > It isn't crashing for me. Can you reproduce the problem with any of the
> > code in qt4/tests/ ?
> > Can you provide a backtrace?
>
> The method "splashRenderToPixmap" always crashes on my machine (Gentoo on
> PPC). I attach a patch that fixes the problem for me ---basically this is a
> port of the (working) code from the QT3 interface to QT4. The code is
> certainly not very effective ---see the comment I have added in the source.
>
> If you agree, please commit the patch; I guess it's better to have a slow
> interface than one that crashes. I am defintively willing to help with
> further improvements.

Well, as i have checked it was not working here and that change you attached
was necessary to qt and glib bindings to make them work when we updated to
xpdf 3.01 sources, wonder why i forgot it in the qt4 as i am almost sure i
tested it.

I've also checked that Arthur backend does not seem to work as only outputs
lots of warnings here, we'll have to have a look at it, but as said
previously it is experimental and unfinished so it's not top priority imho.

Albert