[poppler] About Output(s)

daniel.campos at juntaextremadura.net daniel.campos at juntaextremadura.net
Sat Oct 29 13:36:04 PDT 2005

Hi:

I'm trying to remove all glib dependencies from the gb.pdf component (poppler
binding for Gambas), so it can be used from both QT and GTK+ components without
any dependency, except poppler itself, of course.

However I do not understand very well the different OutputDev classes, and
there's few documentation available at this moment, so... two questions:

1) I would like to use the SplashOutputDev, but I'm not sure if it is related or
not to the X server... does it render in memory or may be it uses the X server
features to render in the Server side? I would like to have a gb.pdf component
useable even if there's not a X-Server available, I mean in web servers, for
example, so it is important for me. May be should I use the CairoOutputDev for
that, is it independant from X-Windows?

2) I think OutputDev is just a base or "abstract" class for the real Output
devices. Is that true?

3) May be I'm mistaking things and I do not need OutputDev to render in memory
(a RGBA32 buffer)?

Regards,

Daniel Campos