[poppler] Re: [Patch] Annotations

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Wed Sep 14 04:10:48 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 14 September 2005 20:14 pm, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> > > how long is that going to take? Can we integrate annotations changes
> >
> > first?
> > It takes as long as it takes - there is a lot to do, but we have to do it
> > properly. If you want it to go faster, please help out.
>
> I meant if we could integrate the 3.01 annotations changes first. I have no
> idea if that's possible and I dont know how are you doing the merge
> (gradually or all in one go). That's why I _asked_.
Sorry, you were unclear and I misunderstood. Your question came across as a "I
want to put my annotations stuff in first".

> I dont really understand the harsh reaction... if you ask to delay someone
> else patches it seem natural to provide at least rough time informations.
If I am doing the merge, then it will be after I get over my cold, and get
some realworld work done - a couple of weeks. If others are doing the merge,
then the timescale is for them to say.

> Anyway, if you are going to oppose to any changes until the merge is done,
> please discuss it and provide more details of what is going on. If the team
> decision is to delay changes until the merge is completed I'm fine with it.
I understand that this is what we agreed.

> But let's announce it, so that people don't waste time and can help out
> with the merge instead. If that was done before, we would have avoided this
> unpleasant discussion.
I am sorry that you are upset.

Brad