[poppler] Support for building with the Microsoft compiler

Jeff Muizelaar jeff at infidigm.net
Fri Apr 14 10:56:01 PDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 10:49:21PM +0100, Reece Dunn wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The supplied patch adds support for the Microsoft compiler, plus a few minor corrections. This is a run down of the changes:
>
> *  msvc doesn't like using __cdecl on constructs like void __cdecl ( *f )( int );
> *  made fontconfig optional;

I am not really a fan of littering the code with #ifdefs. It would be
better if you added an implementation of the needed fontconfig stuff
that did nothing. e.g.
Instead of ifdefing calls to FcInit() the following declaration could be
put in a place like poppler-config.h
	static void FcInit() {};

Alternatively, the font matching code could be abstracted out so that
fontconfig or the windows equivalent is compiled depending on the
platform used.

-Jeff