[poppler] Getting the image rects from a page

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Apr 17 10:26:20 PDT 2006

A Dilluns 17 Abril 2006 18:36, Leonard Rosenthol va escriure:
> At 11:41 AM 4/17/2006, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> >In kpdf we have a code in our custom outputdev that gets the image
> >rectangle a
> >image is using in the page, so when displaying it the user can right click
> > on it and select "save image".
>
>          Great!
>
> >How do you prefer i add this feature?
> >I have thought of changing PDFDoc::displayPage and friends to accept a
> >doImageRects parameter and then having a thing like PDFDoc::takeRects(),
> > that is, following the same structure one uses for getting the links.
>
>          I wouldn't touch PDFDoc && displayPage - too low level and
> will make future updates harder.

You really think adding a boolean and a getter method wtll make updating
harder?

>          I would add it simply to your OutputDev
Which outputdev?

One on kpdf?
i can not have it if i want to use bindings as bindings do not expose that
much.

One on poppler-qt bindings?
Yeah, i like code duplication, lets add the same feature on the n-bindings we
have instead of adding it where it really belongs.
If i have to do code duplication i can keep all xpdf code inside kpdf and
still have the full power instead of using poppler.

Albert