[poppler] evas support for poppler

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Sun Feb 12 23:54:20 PST 2006

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, [ISO-8859-1] Kristian H=F8gsberg wrote:

> Hi Vincent,
>=20
> Sorry for the delay.  I think for now, I'd like to take a wait-and-see=20
> position on your evas frontend.  If at some point a couple of=20
> applications start using it, adding it will be a good idea, but for now=
=20
> I'd like to hold back.

That's an interesting point of view: if it's not avalaible, I don't think=
=20
that any applications will use it.

I wanted to write a pdf viewer for it (my aim is to add also ps and maybe=
=20
dvi read features to it). I really think that I'll put the code somewhere=
=20
else, it will be easier for me (and other guys) to maintain it.

Another guy, who is writing a file manager (named entropy) was also=20
interested in it. That's all the "projects" that i've heard of for now.

Another remark: it's really a bad thing that poppler is not LGPL, instead=
=20
of GPL (i know why, btw). Could the licence change in the future ?

regards

Vincent