[poppler] Performance of the wrappers

Frank Meerkoetter frank at meerkoetter.org
Fri Feb 17 00:45:06 PST 2006

Hi,

in the current CVS all wrappers are dead slow when copying the bitmap
data of the finished pdf. The reason for this is that they no longer use
a memcpy but two nested getPixel()/setPixel() loops.

The splash output mode "ModeRGB8" used to have 4 bytes and could be copied
directly into a QPixmap or an QImage. Currently "ModeRGB8" uses
3 bytes and QT does not support 24bit Images or Pixmaps.

I assumed we will need 32bit data in every case. So i tried other
splash modes. ABGR8 worked strangly enough (i expected the colors would be
wrong). The drawback with ABGR8 is that its implementation is incomplete
(can't display images).

What should be done? Implementing a mode RGB8A? Fixing ABGR8?

Has anyone thought about how to solve this issue?

Regards,
  Frank